A world class athlete and martial artist, GM Winegar has earned many prestigious awards:
- 2 Silvers and 1 Gold Medal at 1st ITF World Championship in Montreal, Canada (1974)
- 2 Silvers and 1 Gold Medal at 4th ITF World Championship in Glascow, Scotland (1984)
- Grand Champion United States Taekwon-Do Federation Nationals Competition (1984)
Additionally, Grand Master Winegar has held positions within the National Organizing Body of the United States Taekwon-Do Federation:
- Quadrant Director of Colorado for the USTF
- Director of Technique for the USTF (current)
- Director of Black Belts & Instructors for Sereff Taekwon-Do (Broomfield, CO)
- State Director of Colorado for the USTF
- Region 2 (Alaska, Colorado, Hawaii, Utah, Wyoming) Director for the USTF
- Served as part of a select group of Senior Vice Presidents for the USTF
- USTF Vice President
- Member of the USTF Grand Masters Council (current)
Grand Master Winegar's experience in teaching also includes 32 years as a respected math instructor in the Colorado Public School System.
By joining Greeley Taekwon-Do you gain access to a World Class Instructor (he is often referred to as "the instructor's instructor"), reknowned for his excellent technique, prowess in sparring, and thorough knowledge of Taekwon-Do.
You should also know that GM Winegar was promoted to the rank of IX Dan, Grand Master by his instructor, Senior Grand Master Charles E. Sereff, who was in turn promoted to Grand Master by General Choi Hong Hi, the Founding Father of Taekwon-Do!
In this way, Grand Master Mike Winegar is a TRUE Grand Master!
...unlike other so called schools that have "self-promoted" to "9th Degree" and/or "Grandmaster", or in some cases even been promoted by their own students! (A ridiculous concept, and yet all too common nowadays, especially with McDojangs/McDojos!)
Learning from GM Winegar is an opportunity to learn REAL Taekwon-Do, pure and undiluted, from one of the best instructors in the world.
So what can you expect to gain? After all, WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
And the answer is plain and simple:
...in all aspects of Taekwon-Do; Grand Master Winegar is absolutely dedicated to teaching the best technique possible.
Greeley Taekwon-Do accepts students ages 12 years old and up.
Students of all ages benefit in many ways:
Just think: YOU CAN GET STARTED TODAY!
- Greater Self Disipline
- Enhanced Self Confidence
- Higher Self Esteem
- Becoming More Physically Fit
- Learn Good Citizenship
- Emphasis on Maintaining Good Grades in School
- Good Moral Values
- Increased Self Respect, and Respect of Others
We look forward to seeing you in class!